Molds are hazardous organisms that grow in your kitchen interiors and exteriors. Surprisingly, molds are necessary for the ecosystem but can be challenging and problematic in your kitchen indoors.
How will you know where the molds are growing at your property?
Mold grows only in the darkest, dampest, and the isolated places of your kitchen. Molds can damage your home in all aspects and can also lead to specific health issues.
The biggest problem is homeowners don’t know the causes of the molds and how to prevent them. You’ll probably never understand the potential impact of molds on your health. So without further ado, we’re mentioning the causes of the molds and how you can get rid of them permanently.
What is mold and what are the primary causes of molds?
In the environment, molds used to break down the matter of animals and plants. Believe it or not, molds belong to the fungi family and release tiny spores in the outer environment. Now, these released spores enter your kitchen through windows, doors, pets, clothing and accessories, and HVAC systems.
Molds can grow when they get the right and favorable conditions. These spores released by molds can grow on your carpets, pets, and other fabrics. The saddest part is the buildup of molds cannot be seen with the naked eyes. In our opinion, molds require spaces with enough moisture and light to grow. Have a look at the below pointers.
- They grow near the sewage and leakage pipes
- Molds are likely to grow near the basements and washbasins
- Molds can develop near the windows.
- They can grow near the pipes of showers and bathtubs
In simple words, high humidity and moisture levels become the actual culprit behind the growth of molds. Your daily activities like washing clothes, cooking, and running appliances are the operations that aid the growth of molds. Poor ventilation and basic cleaning, along with excess moisture and humidity, will make molds your best friend.
You should also remember that defective roofing and faulty weatherproofing can also become one of the primary reasons for the growth in molds.
What are the major warning signs of molds?
Molds start with a very tiny yet invisible spot, but it expands rapidly. If molds are appearing at your outdoor location, you can usually see them. However, when the molds are growing in your living room, kitchen, or at your comfort zone, you cannot spot them easily.
There is no natural color for mold; it can be either black, green, or even velvety. Now, it depends on what type of mold is becoming a member of your comfort zone.
In our opinion, if you find any spot which looks quite unusual, don’t touch it and monitor it closely. Below, we’re mentioning the quick signs of evaluating the molds.
- The mold growing on the wall or pipe is quite smelly and muddy
- Moisture level might be high, but there is NO LIGHT
- You see the wall is cracking, or some peels are coming out
- Put a drop of bleach liquid and see whether the color is turning light or not.
- Dirt and old stains will stay the same, but the mold will keep growing every second.
How to get rid of the molds permanently?
One of the best and easiest ways for eliminating the molds permanently from your kitchen is searching on the internet about ‘’mold repair.’’ The humid areas of your home become the best destination for molds. Believe it or not, in just a matter of a few days, the molds can cover the entire wall of your kitchen.
Before you think about eliminating molds, learn about the differences between mildew and mold. Mildew is like the younger brother of the mold, which is also harmful to your kitchen. There are various ways of eliminating molds from your home or commercial property, have a look below.
Using bleach and cleaning agents
This is the basic solution for eliminating the early molds. When you just see some fine mold spots on your walls, consider this solution.
- Here you’ll use the bleach and the cleaning agents for killing the molds and insulating the entire area.
- Mix nearly 8-10 drops of bleach liquid in one gallon of water, and now sprinkle the mixture on the molds.
Ensure you’re wearing your N95 mask and gloves, and all the windows and doors of your kitchen should be open. If commercial cleaning agents aren’t available, you can also prefer using soap water.
You can also scrub the mold spots with your normal bathroom scrubber. In our opinion, if mold is already growing on your furniture pieces or pipes, it’s better to discard them instead of getting into the elimination process.
What if molds have penetrated deep inside your home?
Mold, when left untreated, can land you up on the deathbed, and your sweet home becomes the worst shelter for you and other family members. When you feel basic solutions won’t work for you, immediately knock on the professionals’ door? In our opinion, whether the basic solutions work for you or not, hiring professional contractors will help you to get rid of molds permanently.
Tips to consider to prevent molds in your kitchen
- Never let excess water stay in the kitchen and bathroom for a longer period.
- Fix the windows that hold moisture and water, especially during the rainy season.
- Try to maintain a low humidity level by using HVAC systems and dehumidifiers. Ensure doing the proper maintenance of your HVAC systems.
- Proper ventilation is required; hence, use exhaust fans in your kitchen.
- Use cleaning agents specially designed for preventing the growth of molds in your kitchen.
- Never let the wet clothes and carpets stay in your washing machine overnight.
- Ensure water is draining out appropriately from your kitchen.
One thing you should remember is that molds actually won’t cause health problems every time, but they shouldn’t also enjoy your comfort zone. If you’re suffering from breathing issues, you’re likely to get infected from the molds.
Image Source: https://www.healthline.com/health/mold-in-house