If you live in Leonard, MI and have a heater that needs repair, then it’s important to know when to contact a heating repair technician. To help you figure out the right time to call for professional assistance, here are 10 signs that indicate it’s time to contact a Leonard, MI heating repair technician:
1. Strange noises coming from your furnace or heater – If you hear strange banging or clanking noises coming from your furnace or heater, then this is an indication of a problem and should not be ignored. It could be caused by an issue with the fan belt or some other part of the system so it’s best to get it checked out by a qualified technician.
2. Uneven temperatures throughout your home – If you’re noticing that certain areas of your home are significantly colder or warmer than others, it could be due to a problem with the heating system. An uneven temperature distribution is usually caused by an issue with the blower fan, venting system, or ductwork so it’s best to have a technician take a look at it.
3. Your energy bill has skyrocketed – A sudden spike in your energy bills could be indicative of an inefficient heating system that needs repair or maintenance. If you suspect this is the case, then contact a qualified technician who can inspect and diagnose the problem so they can get your energy costs back under control.
4. You smell something strange coming from your heater – If you smell something strange coming from your heater, such as a burning smell or an odor of gas or oil, this is an indication of a problem that needs to be addressed immediately. You should turn off the heating system and contact a technician as soon as possible. You may need a new heating installation in Rochester Hills, MI if the problem is severe.
5. Your burner flame is yellow instead of blue – A yellow-tinted burner flame indicates that the furnace is not functioning properly due to a build-up of carbon monoxide in the air so it’s important to have it checked out right away by a qualified technician.
6. Weak airflow coming from vents – If there’s weak airflow coming from your vents or if some rooms are receiving no airflow at all, then it’s likely that you have an issue with the blower fan, ductwork, or venting system and should contact a heating repair technician as soon as possible.
7. Your heater is making strange smells – If your heater is producing odd odors such as burning plastic, chemical smells, or something similar, these could be signs of a malfunction so it’s important to contact a technician right away for diagnosis and repairs.
8. Your furnace cycles on and off too often – If your furnace is cycling on and off too frequently, then this is an indication of a problem with the thermostat or some other component within the heating system. You should contact a qualified technician who can diagnose and resolve the issue.
9. Pilot light won’t stay lit – If your pilot light keeps going out, it could be a clogged gas line or another issue with the heater – which is why you should contact an expert promptly for assistance.
10. Your heater is more than 15 years old – If your furnace or heater is over 15 years old, then it’s likely not functioning as efficiently as modern units and will require repair or maintenance more often. It’s best to have a professional inspect and evaluate the unit on an annual basis to ensure optimal performance.
If you’re experiencing any of the signs mentioned above, then it’s best to contact a professional heating repair technician in Leonard, MI for help. They will be able to accurately diagnose the issue and provide you with a cost-effective solution.
Take care of any necessary repairs or maintenance right away so you can enjoy warm, comfortable temperatures all year round! With prompt attention and proper maintenance, your heating system should last for many years to come. At Total Heating, Cooling & Electrical, our expert technicians are well-equipped to handle any heating repair or maintenance job.