Air conditioners are an important part of keeping your home comfortable. Unfortunately, they can be prone to breakdowns and problems that may require repair or replacement. The good news is that there are ways to prevent many common AC repair issues from happening in the first place.
This guide will provide a step-by-step overview of how you can avoid some of the most common problems requiring AC repair in Delray Beach, FL so you can keep your air conditioning unit running smoothly.
Step 1: Regularly Change Your Air Filter
The first step in avoiding AC repair problems is making sure you regularly change or clean your air filter. Most experts recommend changing the filter every 3 months, depending on the type of filter used and the environment in which it’s installed.
Not changing the air filter can severely reduce airflow, leading to AC units becoming overworked and eventually breaking down.
Step 2: Have Your Unit Inspected Regularly
Another important step in avoiding AC repair problems is having your unit inspected by a professional annually or semi-annually. During these inspections, any small problems can be identified and fixed before they become more serious issues that require costly repairs.
An inspection will also reveal any worn-out parts that may need to be replaced in order to keep your unit running smoothly for years to come.
Step 3: Check for Leaks
It’s essential to check for refrigerant leaks on a regular basis as part of maintaining your air conditioning system and preventing AC repair problems. Refrigerant leaks can cause your air conditioner to run inefficiently, leading to higher energy bills and potential breakdowns that require costly repairs.
If you do find a leak, make sure to contact a professional for assistance immediately as refrigerant can be hazardous if it enters the environment or comes into contact with skin.
Step 4: Keep Your Unit Clean
Make sure you keep your AC unit clean by regularly cleaning off the coils and removing any debris that may have accumulated in or around the unit. This will help ensure that the air conditioning system runs efficiently and prevents common issues such as frozen coils or clogged drain lines which may require expensive repairs.
Step 5: Have Your System Professionally Serviced
Finally, the best way to avoid having to pay for costly AC repairs is to have your system regularly serviced by a professional. Air conditioning professionals can identify and fix any potential issues before they become bigger problems that require more extensive repairs or even replacement.
By following these steps, you can help ensure that your air conditioner runs smoothly and efficiently all summer long without having to worry about expensive repair bills. If you need assistance with any AC repair in Delray Beach, FL, make sure to contact a reliable and experienced HVAC contractor for help.
They will be able to diagnose the issue and recommend the best course of action for getting your unit back up and running quickly.
What Are The Signs You Should Hire AC Services?
If you’re questioning whether or not it’s time to hire AC services, there are a few signs that may indicate a need for professional help. These include
1. Noticing an increase in your energy bills – If you find that your energy bill is getting higher and higher each month, even though you haven’t changed the temperature on the thermostat, this can be a sign of an inefficient cooling system operation. An AC service technician can examine your unit to determine why it is using more energy than expected and suggest ways to fix the problem.
2. Poor air quality – If you or anyone in your home has been experiencing unexplained sinus congestion or respiratory issues, this could be due to poor indoor air quality. An air conditioning service technician can examine your unit to locate the source of the problem and suggest ways to improve the air quality in your home.
3. Strange noises coming from your AC unit – If you hear strange squealing, clicking, or grinding noises coming from your AC unit, this could be a sign that something is wrong internally. Rather than attempting to diagnose and fix the problem yourself, it’s best to let an HVAC professional handle it for you.
4. Leaking water around your AC system – If there is liquid pooling around your indoor or outdoor AC units, this could mean there is a refrigerant leak somewhere in the system. In order to properly address this issue and keep potential damage to a minimum, you’ll want to call in a professional AC service technician. With professional AC installation, you can rest assured that the job will be done right.
5. Lack of cool air – If your air conditioning unit is failing to adequately cool down the air in your home, this could be caused by a variety of issues such as dirty filters or clogged cooling coils. An HVAC technician can diagnose and repair these problems for you so that your air conditioning system is working properly again.
If you’re experiencing any of these issues, it’s probably time to hire AC services from an experienced professional. Not only will they be able to help identify and address the problem, but they’ll also be able to suggest ways to keep your unit running efficiently in the future. Contact Atlas Home Services at 561-734-8200 for more information.