Your furnace is an important part of your life, especially when the cold winter months hit Rochester, MN.
Here’s a list of 10 common signs that you need to repair or replace your furnace.
Strange noises coming from the furnace
When running a furnace should run quietly and not make any strange sounds such as banging, popping, or rattling. If these sounds occur then it could be a sign of loose parts, damaged motor bearings, or other issues and needs to be looked at by a technician.
Scheduling furnace repair in Rochester, MN can help diagnose the problem and make sure your furnace is running efficiently.
Excessive dust around the furnace
An increase in the dust around the furnace can indicate air filter problems, duct leaks, or a blocked flue pipe which will reduce airflow and cause the furnace to run less efficiently.
Yellow pilot light
A yellow or orange flame indicates a build-up of soot, which can be caused by poor combustion and can lead to carbon monoxide poisoning.
The furnace won’t turn on
This could indicate a problem with the thermostat, electrical connection, or another issue that needs to be looked at by a technician as soon as possible.
When the furnace starts and stops frequently it is an indication that there is something wrong with either the blower motor or fan belt and will need to be repaired or replaced before damage occurs.
Unusual smells coming from the vents
If you smell anything strange or unpleasant coming from the vents, it could be a sign of carbon monoxide, an electrical issue, or another problem that needs to be looked at right away.
Inaccurate thermostat readings
If the temperature in your home doesn’t match what is being read on the thermostat, then this can indicate a faulty thermostat, inadequate airflow, or duct problems and should be inspected by a technician.
Increasing utility bills
If you have noticed your utility bills increasing without any explanation then this could mean that your furnace is running inefficiently and needs to be serviced or replaced.
Uneven heating in different rooms
If some parts of your home are too cold while other parts are too hot then it could indicate problems with the airflow, ductwork, or thermostat settings. With a professional furnace tune-up, your system can be balanced to ensure all of your rooms are evenly heated.
Age of the furnace
If your furnace is over 15 years old then chances are that it’s due for a repair or replacement as older furnaces tend to be less efficient and have higher repair costs.
If you’ve noticed any of these signs, it’s important to contact a furnace repair technician in Rochester, MN as soon as possible. Ignoring the problem can lead to bigger and more expensive repairs down the line. Stay warm this winter by making sure your furnace is in proper working order!
Tips to hire a furnace repair technician
1. Ask for recommendations: Talk to your family and friends who have previously hired a furnace repair technician, and get their referrals. Check online reviews as well to get an idea of the technician’s reputation.
2. Check qualifications and certifications: Make sure you hire a licensed and certified furnace repair technician who has the right experience and qualifications to fix your problem.
3. Get estimates: Ask at least 3-4 technicians for their quotes so that you can compare and choose one that meets your budget requirements.
4. Understand the warranty: Make sure that all parts used in the repair are covered under a warranty so that you don’t have to pay for any additional repairs in case of a breakdown.
5. Check references: Ask for references from previous customers who have had work done by the same technician to get an idea of their service quality.
By following these tips, you can hire the right furnace repair technician and ensure that your furnace is running efficiently and safely. Contact a professional today to inspect your system and keep your family warm this winter!